Celebrity Jewelry Line Overload


From health care reform to rising unemployment and stimulus dough, there are a lot of issues out there for us all to ponder these days. But I’ve got one pressing question that’s been keeping me up nights.

How many friggin’ celebrity jewelry lines do we need, people?

I mean really. There are the success stories like Nicole Richie’s boho chic House of Harlow line and Paula Abdul’s HSN juggernaut. But do we really need D-listers like Christie Brinkley, Gladys Knight, New York Housewife, Kelly Bensimon and Heidi Montag’s sister joining the ranks?

Seriously.


Now news of singer, Lily Allen’s, new line is hitting the newswires and frankly? I could care less. You had me at Padma Lakshmi and jumped the shark at Tori Spelling, folks.

Do we really need the same old gold charm necklace you can get at any department store marked up an additional 40% because a singer with one big hit and a history of public drunkenness has her name on it?


I think I can live a full life never knowing or caring that Holly Montag gets to put her name on some gold chains simply because she ‘has always loved jewelry’, according to MTV. As if loving jewelry and having the same genetic makeup of a pathetic reality TV star are the only qualifications for for launching a bauble line.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I’m being too harsh? I suppose there is room for everyone to peddle their wares out there. But I’m wondering if I’m the only one who has had my fill? What do you guys think?

Have you ever bought a piece from a celebrity jewelry line? Share your stories!